Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Bishkek

The capital city of the Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek, was founded in 1878. Being a relatively new city, there are not many sights to see. Most of the buildings are designed with a typical soviet architecture, and all the streets are perpendicular.

Anyway I feel at home here. People are warm and friendly, I can find everything I need, and I'm making progress with my Russian.

Ala-Too Square, the center of the city. A statue of Lenin used to dominate the place, but they moved it just behind in 2003.

Freedom Square and its World War II monument.

The State Philharmonic Hall.

 The view from my room on the 8th floor. As you can see, the Ala-Too mountain range is not far away from Bishkek.

The city is very green. There are trees in much of the streets, and lot of parks where children can play. Here Oak Park on Erkindik Avenue.

 Drivers usually stop for pedestrians when a crosswalk does not have traffic lights.

The weather forecast for the next few days: dry and hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment