Thursday, August 31, 2017

Jeti-Oguz

One of the main sight around Karakol are some impressive geological formations in a place called Jeti-Oguz, 30 minutes away by car. The most famous of them is called the Seven Bulls, because of the seven rocks that make it up.

I actually went there on my first day in Karakol, but it was already late and because the sun was right over the Seven Bulls, I couldn't catch the color of the rocks with my camera. So I had to go once again.

In the cafe at the hostel, there is a board where people can find partners for excursions. I joined a French couple who wrote their name on the board, and we end up 9 people to go together, filling two taxis.

The seven bulls of Jeti-Oguz.

From the other side, the last two of the bulls form the Broken Heart.

Next to the seventh bull.

Some more stunning landscapes.

With Martina, one of the only two Swiss people I met in Karakol (nicely photobombed by Romain).

 The whole group walking through the valley.

After one hour walk, 6 of us rent some horses to go to a waterfall, the other ones went back.

My horse was quite slow (or I might be a slow rider...); I was quickly distanced.

He was out of breath in the uphills...

...and afraid in the downhills.

But anyway we made it to the waterfall.

The valley of Jeti-Oguz.

No comments:

Post a Comment