Sunday, June 25, 2017

Welcome to Kyrgyzstan

After some months of preparations consisting mainly of:
- Refreshing my Russian - I know about 500-600 words now.
- Learning how to ride a horse, as it apparently is a must here.
- Getting all the recommended vaccines for a long stay in Kyrgyzstan, that is 5 visits to the doctor! (et dorénavant je ne crains plus même les chauve-souris enragées).
I eventually took the plane and arrived yesterday in Bishkek, the capital city of the Kyrgyz Republic. A driver picked me up and drove me to my host family, where I will stay the next few weeks.

Stopover in Moscow during the night. At 3 o'clock the sun is already rising.

 Manas airport. It was raining when I landed, but with 30°C it already dried while I was waiting for my luggage and crossing the border.

 The cracked windshield along with the cows on the highway already remind me that I'm not in Switzerland any more.

Welcome to Бишкек (Bishkek). We have here 4 hours of time difference with Central European Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment